Share Our History Project
WhiteMountainHistory.org is partnering
with regional Historical organizations to
share the history of our region.
The shared objective is to create a cost-free mechanism for each historical society, museum and library within the
1. We’re working together with these organization to create dedicated pages for each on the WMH.org website. These pages would highlight 5 or 6 collections that each group may hold. A photo album will be created for each of these collections. Pages and photo albums are now on the website for several.
Click here to visit their pages. Others have indicated a desire to share their collections and their pages will be added over the next few weeks.
2. An electronic Regional History newsletter is in the planning stages. Members of each group would submit content. The newsletter would be designed so that each group can distribute it to its membership.
3. Create virtual, on-line exhibits based on exhibitions mounted by various historical organizations.
4. Consider cooperative exhibits based upon regional themes. 2011 is the 100th Anniversary of the Weeks Act, the 150th Anniversary of the Civil War, and the 160thAnniversary of railroads reaching Gorham. These, and others, can be capitalized on to increase interest in the region’s history. If you’d like to learn more, email us for a copy of the Action Plan.
5. Consider creation of a comprehensive Regional History website, such as Maine, Vermont and Connecticut now have. Working together, we have the resources to do this.